Saturday 30 October 2010

Au Revoir, Morocco. Hola, Espana

Chere Soso,

J'ai quitté Maroc, aujourd´hui. Ici, à Tarifa, on peut regarder encore le Maroc de l´autre côte.

(It´s faster to type in English, so...) It´s good to relax here for a day before embarking on the trip in Spain. It´s better to take some time to forget Maroc. But the boat is fast. Before I could make myself missing Maroc, I am already in Spain. No more hassles. The Spaniards are generally friendly. But now I miss a little such hassles. One feel a little bit too self-contained here. Back to that "everyone is an island" thing. I miss chatting with people, if not really talking with them.

It´s nice here, clean and lovely, and small. Not really relaxing though. As I have only about half a day here, and exploration is always endless. Now it´s the last minutes for the panoramic view at the castello, then it´s the eternal mysterious desire to see the sunset, this time at the long beach (and much cleaner than that of Asilah or Tanger in Maroc) of Tarifa. My third beach town so far in this trip - Lagos, Asilah, Tarifa (not counting Sagres or Tanger, the beaches at which I haven´t really gone to). Strangely, I had never really longed for beaches or beach towns.

I enjoyed my trip to Maroc. But I am tired of Moroccan bread, couscous and even tajine. Tonight I have finally fulfilled my stupid desire for instant noodles and milk. (They usu. drink or eat yoghurt rather then milk there in Maroc.) I still cannot stand the squat toilets of cheap hotels, which I stayed all the time. Thank God, back in Spain, back to "English toilets". No fear of looking down at the streets.

I wrote the above yesterday. I couldn´t believe that I am still in Tarifa. I am a bit sick these two days. So before starting my little trip in Spain, maybe it´s better to take a rest, study a little Spanish and write a little about my days in Maroc.

It´s good I could speak French most of the time in Maroc. It´s perhaps easier to practise French there than in France. Now suddenly the language have changed to Spanish and I found myself tongue-tied and stupid.

The last day in Tanger was good. I returned to the budget hotel "Pension Detroit" and said goodbye to the friendly guy working there. I went to the English church and say goodbye to the friendly church guardian there. I had a set menu at DH55 at Restaurant Africa nearby my pension and say goodbye to the young waiter there. He still remembered where I sat the first time I went there. Back to the beginning of my trip at Tanger again...

And I had the last look of Africa and Tanger here at Tarifa this afternoon at the beach, where the people kite-surf happily, despite the cloudy weather today.

Bonne nuit. Buenas noches.

No comments: