Saturday 20 November 2010

Carcassonne day 2

Chère Soso,

To my surprise, the French here seems to be friendlier than the Spanish. It's the contrary last time when I travelled from France to Spain. Then I thought the Spanish were warmer than the French.

Here people would almost always say bonjour and au revoir when you enter and leave a place. And I could have little chat with people at sandwich store or at the post office. There were people greeting me or even asking me tourist info in the street, en français bien sur. And on the train to France yesterday I had already felt the difference. There was more friendly look than questioning stare (that I got a lot from Spanish women, while the guys were generally friendly. Perhaps there's something about Spanish women, think about the Almodovar films). And I even managed to talk with a madam.

Well Carcassone is pretty. But it's winter, the night falls a bit too early. Please let me walk a little bit more before it gets dark. And the Cité I have walk around it for hours and have not yet get tired of it. The views up here looking over the town around are lovely at endless angles.

1 comment: