Thursday 29 May 2008

If only I could forget Burma

No surprise, Aung Sang Suu Kyi's house arrest has been extended once again.

I have just signed the Voices for Burma petition at the US Campain for Burma Website after learning about it in the newspaper today. http://uscampaignforburma.org/

I have also uploaded a picture on the Don't Forget Burma site:

In the picture I've put a shoulder bag and a flip-flop that I bought from my 2001 Burma trip. These are souvenirs of what Burmese people had on them everyday. And the three baby dolls are decorations I have on my desk to represent my three little baby nieces. I wanted to make the babies holding up the words of "don't", "forget" and "Burma" like demonstrators. I even wanted to put little longyis, the fabrics that most Burmese men wear, on the dolls. But I was too lazy.

I am not even activism people.

No comments: