Sunday 4 November 2007

Trip to Greece video - Iraklio, Crete

Continuing my old and old trip to Greece in 2003, here I got to Crete's capital Iraklio. I'm afraid the video is a bit too long. I thought it would be 6:59 but it ended up 7:00! Just because of the extra 1 second, I feared that the audience, if there's any at all, would be turned away from it, just like that the smart housewives would only care to buy something with a price that ends with 99 cents.

The old harbour area was dramatically windy. At times I could hardly stand still and hence there are the super-shaky scenes with unbearable noises.

My favourite bits: the open-air string quartet concert at the atmospheric site nearby Kazantzaki's tomb; the opening of a small supermarket where anyone could get into and had a good deal of free munchies. I was glad to sample local confectionery without having to count my notes carefully. What an accidental blessing for a poor and hungry ghost like me, just when I was wondering what snacks to buy for the bus trip to Hania the next day! Finally I could love Iraklio!

Do I talk too much? Yes, but if everyone can talk too much nonsense in good conscience, so can I.

Nikos Kazantzakis: "I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free."

Watch my video:

No comments: